ThinkGeoEnergy ehf. respects your privacy and feels it is important for you to know how we handle the information we receive via our websites, at thinkgeoenergy.com, piensageotermia.com and jeotermalhaberler.com, and through the tools and services we provide you (the “website” or the “service”).
In the context of “personal information”, we refer to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This Policy applies to the Personal Information that ThinkGeoEnergy ehf. collects and processes in the course of our business. This Policy also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service you have signed up for.
This Policy applies to all ThinkGeoEnergy’s operating divisions, affiliates.
Types of information we collect and how we use it
Information Clients Provide
In subscribing to our weekly newsletter or register for one of our events (e.g. webinar, conference or related), we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Personal Data: When subscribing for our newsletter or registering for one of our services or events, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Company, Job Position, cookies and usage data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials or other information that maybe of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all of these communications from us by following the “unsubscribe”-link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Usage Data: We may also collect information how our websites are accessed and used (“usage data”). This data might include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our websites you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, your geographic location, unique service identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
We acquire, hold, use and process Personal Information for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, specific offers and general information about other products, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ThinkGeoEnergy ehf. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where TermsFeed relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Links to Other Web Sites
We may use third party Service Providers to provide our services and monitor and analyse the use of our websites.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- You can opt-out of our newsletter and marketing lists, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email newsletter sent.
- You can update your Personal Data by clicking the “Update Profile”
ThinkGeoEnergy ehf. is a limited liability company registered in Iceland, a member country of the European Economic Agreement (EEA).
The company’s registered legal address is: ThinkGeoEnergy ehf., Fjörugrandi 16, 107 Reykjavik/ ICELAND – Company ID: 460709-1800
Primary contact: Alexander Richter, Principal/ ThinkGeoEnergy ehf. – email@example.com (primary contact for any legal, data protection/ privacy issues)